Frequently Asked Questions? (FAQs)
General FAQs are listed below.For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) pertaining to various courses please visit respective faculties:
- What is MRIU?
MRIU stands for Manav Rachna International University. It is located in Faridabad. It is declared as a deemed university by Central Government under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 vide MHRD letter No F. 9-3/ 2007 – U.3 (A) dated: 21st October, 2008.
- What all programmes does it offer?
MRIU offers various programmes in regular mode as well as in continuing mode. These programmes are divided into doctoral, post-graduate, under-graduate, post graduate diploma, diploma and certificate programmes. Details of these programmes for 2013-14 are given in the MRIU Admission Brochure (Pages 49 to 52 ).
- Where is MRIU campus located?
MRIU is located on Delhi –Suraj-Kund road, Sector- 43, Faridabad. It is easily accessible through either Badkal Chowk or NHPC Chowk on Mathura Road (NH-2), or via Charmwood Village near Badarpur Border. For further details you may like to refer to the map provided on the MRIU website or on Page-59 of MRIU Admission Brochure 2013-14.
- How can I reach the MRIU University campus?
MRIU University campus can be reached by availing Metro facilities up to Badarpur Metro Station and from theretaking a bus or an auto up to Badkal Chowk and then auto to University Campus located on Surajkund Delhi Road.
- How can I obtain an Admission Brochure?
Admission Brochure may be obtained through following methods:
- Download from the MRIU website.
- May be purchased from listed branches of Axis Bank (list available on the MRIU Website).
- Obtained by hand.
- Obtained by sending a Demand Draft of Rs 1200/- through post/courier. DD to be drawn in favour of MRIU payable at Faridabad or New Delhi. It should be sent to Director Admissions,MRIU.
- How and where is the Admission/Application Form to be submitted?
- A student has to submit the application form online using the Scratch Card provided with the Admission Brochure.
- S/He should then secure with herself/himself two hard copies of the submitted application form. One copy should be kept for self reference and other is to be submitted to MRIU at the time of Physical Counseling.
- Can one go for higher studies after graduating from MRIU?
Yes, MRIU degree is as good as the one awarded by any central or state university. A Bachelor degree holder from MRIU can also apply for higher studies in any of the Indian or overseas universities.
- Is there any facility for us to stay in the campus when we come for counseling?
No, we don’t provide such facility. But many hotels and guest houses are available close to our campus.
- We are asked to submit DD for Rs. XXX /- at the time of admission. If we don’t accept the admission, will you refund the amount?
In such eventuality, the person who has the DD prepared may get it cancelled in the Bank and get the money back
- Do we need to deposit the original certificates on the day of admission?
No. There is no need to submit original certificates but candidate must produce original certificates/documents on the day of admission for verification, failing which candidate shall not be considered for admission.
- What are the documents to be produced at the time of admission?
B.Tech- 12th original Mark sheet, JEE( main) Rank Card, Date of Birth Proof, Address Proof, Medical
Fitness Certificate, Migration Certificate, Character Certificate from Institution last attended. BBA/BBA (Banking)/BCA/other UG Courses. Same as above less JEE rank card. PG Courses- Graduation Mark sheet, Date of Birth Proof, Address Proof, Medical Fitness Certificate, Migration
Certificate, Character Certificate from Institution last attended.Details of these documents are given on Page 47 of MRIU Admission Brochure 2012-13.
- Does MRIU arrange for Educational loan through banks?
We have a tie up with Punjab National Bank who provides education loan to our students of various courses and we facilitate the same. But, the candidate and/or his parent must satisfy the Bank requirements to avail educational loan.
- Should the parents come along with the candidate for admission?
It is mandatory for parent to attend the counseling. However, in case of emergency, guardian may attend the counseling.
- Can parents attend the counseling instead of the candidate?No, physical presence of the candidate is a must on the day of counseling.
- Is the counseling fee / tuition fee paid refundable in case we withdraw the admission later?
Yes, Refund is possible if the admission withdrawal is applied before or on the day of commencement of classes, as
per procedure laid down in the Admission Brochure (Page 47)
- My son has secured 66% overall in +2 examination but 59.5% in PCM. Is he eligible for admission?
The cut off percentage for 1st Shift is 65% aggregate in best of 5 subjects where English, Physics, Mathematics are compulsory subjects and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology & Biotechnology and Computer Science. However for B.Tech normal entry 2nd shift the cut off percentage is 55% in best of 5 subjects where English, Physics, Mathematics are compulsory subjects and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology & Biotechnology and Computer Science.
- What is the mode of payment of fees?
Through Demand draft or Credit/Debit card or Cash at the time of admission.
- Is the loan facility available only to candidates who belong to NCR?
No, Loan facility is available for all students belong to anywhere in India. However, normally Banks prefer to give loan to the candidates residing in their catchment area.
- What if any candidate is having problem with Scratch card?
He can contact the Admission Cell for any help.
- Is Migration possible from any other university?
Yes, migration is possible from other University subject to certain conditions.
- What are the courses for which a student with PCB is eligible?
B.Tech in Biotechnology and other generic UG programs like BBA, BCA, BSc(ND), BJMC, BSc-IT, BSc-ID etc.
- Whether B.Tech/ M.Tech programmes are approved by AICTE?
Yes, the various technical and management programmes have approval of AICTE.
- What is the post offered to a fresh engineering graduate in the Industries?
A graduate is normally offered the post of Trainee Engineer on joining an organization after the completion of the course.
- Whether sufficient reference books are available in Library?
Yes, we have a rich library with reasonably good collection of books.
- What is the minimum attendance required to appear in the exams?
- What is the student-to-faculty ratio in FET?
We maintain Teacher Student Ratio of 1:15 as per AICTE norms.
- What kind of grooming programs are offered to the students?
We organise Personality Development classes helping students to develop Soft Skills, Career Exploration, Resume Writing, Interviewing Skills, and Presentation Skills.
- What is internship?
An internship is attachment to industry or on a project. Internships are a wonderful opportunity to gain hands-on experience and to learn more about the real-world applications of an academic discipline. Various faculties provide summer training and workshops on latest technology.
- What is the quality of the Faculty in MRIU and what is so innovative in their teaching methodologies?
Career Institute of Technology and Management (CITM) was offering B.Tech/M.Tech programmes which were duly approved by AICTE. After conferment of Deemed to be University status to CITM by MHRD GOI in Oct 2008, it is not mandatory to seek approval for offering B.Tech/M.Tech programmes from AICTE. All Universities in India including Deemed to be University may offer B.Tech/M.Tech at their own but it is mandatory to follow AICTE norms. Faculty of Engg. & Tech, MRIU follows AICTE norms for all B.Tech/M.Tech programmes. At MRIU, the core faculty comprises of distinguished academicians from the best institutions and leading professionals from the corporate world with rich industry experience. The faculty lays great emphasis on continuous evaluation by means of well designed tutorials and practicals; every effort is made to reinforce the concepts taught in the classroom. Apart from teaching, the faculty members have been vigorously pursuing research and have been regularly publishing research papers in various National and International Journals of repute as well as in prestigious conferences.
- Are there any management quota seats in IT department when the intake is full?
No. There is no management quota in any of the programmes. Admission is purely on merit basis.
- How is the availability of text books?Each student is provided with some text books as facilitation. For additional books and references, the university has a well equipped library and huge resource of online journals.
- What measures are taken to help the students in finding employment?
We have a well organized placement cell called Corporate Resource Centre which is doing commendable job year after year. We conduct special coaching for improving the employability skills of the students. We have good rapport with major IT companies plus enjoy a very high reputation as an institution.
- Where do better opportunities exist? In Services sector or in manufacturing sector? Which one should be chosen?
Selection of a sector is a matter of individual choice. However, a talented person has vast scope in several fields in services as well as manufacturing sector.
- Normally what percentage of the students passing out of MRIU secures employment / placement?
More than 60% of the eligible students in professional/vocation progrmme are placed through campus placement drive. Many of the pass outs in these programmes either prefer to join higher education or join family business. An able student has no dearth of employment opportunities through Campus Placements.
- What is the fee payment schedule? Annual & Bi-annual or quarterly?
Academic Fees are payable in two installments. Other fees are payable on annual basis in advance. The details are given on Page 46 and in the table on Page 52 of the MRIU Admission Brochure
- In so far as B.Tech Engineering is concerned, what is the difference in integrated course, regular course and LEET?
A student can attain B.Tech degree in any of the three ways, as under:-
Integrated: - Entry after 10th Class, 6 Years Programme = 10+6 = 16
Normal/Regular: - Entry level 12+4 = 16
LEET: - Entry after 3 years diploma in Engg. from SBTE = 10+3+3=16
- Why is fee less in the II shift compared to I shift?
Since the same infrastructure is used in the second shift benefit of this is being passed on to the 2nd shift students.
- How is the categorization or allocation of branch done?Branch is allocated purely on merit subject to availability.
- Do you allow the students to take admission who have got supplementary in the qualifying examination (10+2), but have cleared the exam (10+2)?
Eligibility of the candidate is considered on the date of physical counseling. If a candidate fulfills minimum eligibility criteria on the date of physical counseling he/she is considered eligible for admission.
- Do you allow the Change of branch? If so at what stage and with what conditions?
Change of Branch is considered in the beginning of 3rd semester and is contingent upon candidate’s merit & availability of seats.
- Is it possible to change the shift?Change of shift is contingent on candidate’s merit & availability of seats. University may announce the schedule for change of shift subject to availability of seats from time to time.
- What is the procedure for admission or How do I join the University?
Once through with the entrance examination, candidates have to submit the online admission form to the university. On the basis of the scores in entrance exam, a merit list is drawn for selection of students and admission is made through physical counseling.
- When should I apply?
The application forms are available for sale from 15th March 2013 onwards. Last date for submission of online application form is given in the Admission Brochure. There is no separate form for appearing in MR-NAT. MR-NAT is mandatory for those programmes in which admission shall be made on the basis of merit in MR-NAT, failing which, a student may not get admission if all seats are exhausted in merit of MR-NAT.
- Will I be interviewed before the admission?
Every student has to be physically present during physical counseling. However, except for MBA, there are no marks awarded for interview.
- What are the deadlines for admission?
Given in the Admission Brochure. Please refer to Admission Calendar on Page 41 of MRIU Admission Brochure 2013-14.
- English is not my first language. Will I get support?
English is internationally accepted language and to support students we have in course language and communications classes.
- I, need to speak to an adviser as I am not sure as to which course to choose.
Our expert team of admission counselors are available to help you and guide you throughout admission process, they would help you if you require any information on choosing the course or specialization or if you face any difficulty in filling up the application form.
- What if I miss the MR-NAT exam?
In case we have any vacancies left after exhausting the merit drawn up on the basis of the MR-NAT exam then those seats are filled on merit basis of merit in qualifying exam.
- How are the students assessed?
Students will be assessed through their class tests, practicals, reports, essays, problem-based learning, projects, presentation, thesis and written examination etc.
- Degree will be awarded from which University?
Manav Rachna International University.
- How many days does the University work in a week?
Six days a week.
- Does the institution assist the students in processing Educational Loan Applications?
Yes, we have an Educational loans committee headed by Dean Student’s welfare which guides and assists the students in obtaining Education loans.