Important Instructions for admission Seekers
(a) Submission of Application for Admission
Application for admission shall be submitted online only at the University website www.mriu.edu.in for which application fee of Rs. 1200/- is payable. Payment can be made through Credit/ Debit card at the time of submission of application. Alternatively, candidate may purchase Admission Brochure from MRIU Campus, Administrative Headquarters or City Centers, details of which is available on university website. Admission Brochure contains a Scratch Card consisting of a covered number, which will facilitate submission of application form online. Admission Brochure without Scratch Card may be downloaded from MRIU website free of cost.
Once online application for admission is submitted successfully, the system will generate a unique application number which may be noted by the candidates as the same shall act as a Reference Number for all subsequent correspondence till the candidate is actually admitted.
(b) Directions for filling Online Application Form
- Read Instructions for filling up Online Application Form carefully on the opening page after you Click ‘Apply Now for Admission’ Tab on the MRIU Website Home Page.
- Keep a Digitized Photograph ready on your Computer Desktop for uploading with maximum 80 KB memory, 30mm x 45mm in size in a formal dress against plain background. Avoid photographs in T-Shirts / Tops / Flashy Clothing because this photograph will go for your identity card. Also keep ready copy of Secondary (10th), Senior Secondary (10 + 2) Examination and other qualifying exam, if any.
- Fill-up all fields with the correct information. Do not use all Capital / Small Letters. Use Sentence case. Mandatory fields are marked with Red Asterisks, without which application will not be submitted. You will have the liberty to edit certain fields as directed by the format including Address, Mobile Number, Qualifying Examination Result etc.
- Take out two print-outs of the final version of the online application form which must be brought at the time of physical counseling for admission.
(c) Notification of Schedule for Physical Counseling for Admission
- Look for notices / alerts by clicking the ‘Admission Notices / Alerts’ Tab on the home page of MRIU website.
- All Schedule for Physical Counseling for Admission and other related information will be available on the website as and when published. MR-NAT Results and Merit list for various courses / program shall also be available on this Tab.
(d) Physical Counseling for Admission
- It is absolutely mandatory for the candidates to appear in person for physical counseling for admission before the Admission Committee. No relaxation of any kind is permissible in this regard.
- Candidate must bring the following documents in original along with two sets of Attested photocopies:
- Secondary School Examination Certificate (10th) – as proof of Date of Birth
- Senior Secondary School Examination Certificate (10+2)
- Detailed Mark sheets / Provisional Certificate / Degree / Diploma Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Character Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Result card of the relevant entrance examination.
- 4 passport size coloured photographs in formal dress.
All other documents must be submitted during orientation after start of classes or within 3 days from the date of admission, whichever is later.
- On the day of physical counseling, candidates shall report on the Registration Desk, arrange documents in the specified sequence in the file cover given on the spot, appear before the Document Verification Committee for verification of documents and move to the Admission Committee if found eligible.
- Admission committee shall allot the seats to the Candidates in order of merit subject to its availability and the candidates shall be required to deposit fee on the spot either through Demand Draft, Credit / Debit Card or in Cash. Cheques shall not be accepted. Additional convenience charges are payable as per rules in case of payment is made through Credit / Debit Card.
- The seat shall be deemed to be allotted only on submission of fee. If a candidate fails to deposit the fee on the spot, the right to admission shall be forfeited and the seat shall be offered to the candidate next in the merit list.
- If a candidate reports late for admission on the designated day and time, he / she will be offered the seat available at the time of his appearance before the Admission Committee.
- All Candidates are advised to report on the day of physical counseling in a formal and presentable dress as a fresh photograph may be required to be clicked on the spot.
- All Students admitted in various programs shall collect their original testimonials / certificates at the time of allotment of seat against acknowledgement. All such students are also advised to keep a watch on MRIU Website for further instructions if any.
- The Admission Committee shall ensure allotment of seats purely on merit. Canvassing of any kind may result in denial of admission.
(e) Preparation of Merit List
- The Merit Lists for each program shall be prepared as per the criteria given in the Admission Brochure.
- For B.Tech Program the merit list shall be prepared on the basis of 60% weightage to score in JEE – Main 2013 examination and 40% weightage to the marks scored in 10+2 examination. Candidates are advised to supply the respective score in the application form as soon as the results are declared by the respective examining bodies. Those students who fail to supply any of these result shall go down in the merit list in the absence of the respective weightage.
- For Admission in all other UG Programs, all students are required to appear for Group Discussions and Personal Interview (GDPI), which is an independent screening test. Although admission in all UG programs shall be based on the merit of respective MR-NAT 2013 as first preference and percentage of marks scored in qualifying examination as a second preference, seats remaining vacant, those who fail to make a mark in GDPI may be denied admission.
- The ranks in the respective Merit List shall be available on MRIU Website against Application Sequence Number generated by the system at the time of submission of online application.
- For UG Programs, admission shall be made only if the Candidate has been declared pass in the qualifying examination clearly. Candidates having compartment shall not be admitted in any of the UG Program till their result for the supplementary examination has been declared within the final cut off date of admission.
- For PG Programs, candidates may be admitted provisionally subject to fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria on or before 31.10.2013. For the purpose of preparation of Merit List, the marks scored upto pre final year of the qualifying examination shall be considered for those whose result has not been declared for the final year / semester. Student having compartments in any of the previous years shall not get credit for the subjects which they have not passed at the time of admission.
- Admission Committee shall exercise fair discretion to see that based upon the academic performance in exam result which are available at the time of admission, whether the candidate is likely to meet the eligibility criteria. However it will be sole responsibility of the candidate to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for admission by the cut off date mentioned above and no relaxation in minimum eligibility criteria shall be granted.
- For the purpose of determining minimum eligibility criteria, percentage of marks more than 0.50 and above shall be rounded off to 1. However relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility criteria shall be given to the candidates from Women / SC/ST Categories, although there is no reservation of any kind except for NRIs for whom 15% of the total seats in all programs are reserved.