Instructions for NRI, PIO and Foreign Nationals
How to Apply
- In case of admission against seats for NRI / Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin settled abroad, the candidates are required to submit hard copy of Application form only with photograph and copies of certificates / testimonials, format for which is available on the university website www.mriu.edu.in.
- Common admission Brochure cum Application Form for counseling is also available on the official website of the University namely www.mriu.edu.in, and can be downloaded.
- If the Admission Brochure cum Application Form is downloaded from the website, the applicants are required to enclose a Demand Draft of US $ 250 (equivalent Rupees in case of NRI candidates, if they so desire) payable at Faridabad / New Delhi in favour of ‘Manav Rachna International University’ along with the Application Form failing which the application shall be summarily rejected. The fee so paid shall be adjusted in the fee payable at the time of admission, if a candidate is provisionally admitted. However, if the candidate is not admitted for what so ever reason, no refund of this fee shall be made and the fee paid shall be treated as processing fee.
- While filling the application forms the candidates must read the instructions given in the Admission Brochure Form for counseling carefully, which shall be same as for General Category seats.
- Original certificates / testimonials / documents are not required to be attached with the application form. All necessary certificates / testimonials / documents in original and a set of two attested Photostat copies of all such certificates / testimonials / documents will require to be produced before depositing the fee within the specified date / time.
- All particulars in the application form must be written carefully and legibly by the candidate in his / her own handwriting in English. Incomplete applications may be rejected.
- All entries in the application form be filled and no entry should be left unfilled.
- The application form, correctly filled in all respects must be delivered in person or sent through registered / speed post / reputed courier service to ensure that the application form is received in the University within the specified time and date. Application form received after the closing date and time would not be entertained and rejected summarily. Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad shall not be responsible for postal or any other delay as well as loss of application form in transit.
- Any application form submitted by a candidate or his / her parent / guardian prior to issue of this Admission Brochure-cum-Application form, whether in prescribed format or not, shall not be considered. Only application form purchased from the University or downloaded from the official website of ‘Manav Rachna International University’ shall be considered, if otherwise eligible.
- Admission schedule for seats for NRI / Foreign National / Persons of Indian Origin settled abroad shall be published in print media i.e. national newspapers and shall also be displayed on University website www.mriu.edu.in and Notice Boards. Candidates desirous of seeking admission in this category are advised to keep a watch on university website and Notice Boards.
- Candidates belonging to category of NRI / Foreign National / Persons of Indian Origin settled abroad shall be required to submit following additional documents, in addition to the documents required to be submitted by other candidates as given in Section list of documents to be brought at the time of verification of testimonials / certificates etc.
- Certificate of equivalence for qualifying examination passed by the candidate issued by Association of Indian Universities or Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India or any other competent authority notified by the latter.
- Copy of the passport giving all details including visa etc.
- Residence Permit
- Any other document as and when required by various Government Agencies.
- Affidavits in the prescribed format as given on next page (for NRI candidates only).
- Original certificates / documents shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of counseling along with two sets of attested copies of all the documents mentioned above. Attestation may be done by the Authorized person from
- Indian embassy in the candidate’s country or
- Mission / Embassy of the candidate’s country in New Delhi, or
- Ministry of education in candidate’s country
- Admission against category of NRI / Foreign National / Persons of Indian Origin settled abroad shall be made on the basis of merit in qualifying examination provided the candidate fulfills the minimum eligibility criteria for the programme / course opted.
- Candidates shall be required to deposit part fee of US $ 1000 (equivalent Rupees in case of NRI candidates, if they so desire) at the time of counseling, if they are offered admission on provisional basis. Rest of the fee after adjusting US $ 1250 or equivalent Rupees (if paid accordingly) must be deposited by the candidates before attending the classes and after completing all formalities and obtaining all clearances as per requirement of Government agencies.
- Fee payable for the category of NRI / Foreign National / Persons of Indian Origin settled abroad is given at Table
Foreign Nationals and Persons of Indian Origin holding foreign passport may contact Director, International Education Centre for clarifications, if any in person or through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org