Freeships / Scholarships and other incentives
Freeships / Scholarships
- The university offers free ships / Scholarships to all students on the basis of marks/CGPA in the qualifying examination as per following scale:
UG level Courses
|90.00% & above||100% Tuition Fee waiver|
|85.00% above & below 85.00%||50% Tuition Fee waiver|
|80.00% above & below 85.00%||25% Tuition waiver|
PG Level Courses
|80.00% & above||100% Tuition Fee waiver|
|75.00% above & below 80.00%||50% Tuition Fee waiver|
|70.00% above & below 75.00%||25% Tuition waiver|
- However, they are required to pay other fees as applicable to the programme concerned. Such students shall be required to maintain a minimum CGPA (SGPA in 1st semester) of 7.0 in the subsequent semesters without having any compartment in any subject and minimum 75% attendance in each semester, failing which the Scholarships awarded shall be withdrawn. For the purpose of calculation of percentage marks, aggregate marks in the qualifying exams shall only be considered even if the eligibility criteria is limited to some number of subjects.
- In addition, suitable freeship shall be available to high achievers in the field of sports, persons suffering with Thalassaemia Major, sons / daughters of Army Personnel who have been killed in war/ terrorist attack, physically handicapped students etc. on case to case basis.
- All students admitted in various programmes shall be provided suitable study material as found suitable as facilitation. However, no rights of the students shall accrue in this regard.
- Students shall be provided with Group Insurance for under Personal Accident Policy to cover the following benefits:
- Re-imbursement upto Rs 1 Lac in case of permanent disability or death of the insurer.
- Accidental Medical Expenses upto Rs. 10000 per incident for the insurer, covering both Inpatient hospitalization and OPD expenses. It includes services of a Physician, Hospital confinement and use of operating room, anesthetics, x-ray examinations or treatment, laboratory tests, ambulance charges, drugs and medicines etc.
- Protection of fee payable upto Rs 4 Lacs for the remaining duration of the course in case of accidental death of the earning parent of the insurer. In case, both the parent of the student are earning, he/she would be required to declare through a sworn affidavit duly attested by the Notary Public the name of the first parent who is responsible for paying the fee of the insurer. The benefit of protection of fee payable shall be given in the case of accidental death of such parent only.
LIST OF OTHER DOCUMENTS TO BE DEPOSITED AFTER ADMISSION
In addition to the documents mentioned under clause 4 above, all students will be required to deposit following documents either during the orientation program or within 3 days from the date of admission whichever is later:
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Migration Certificate
- Proof of Residence (Ration Card/ Electricity Bill/Telephone Bill/ Driving License etc.)
- Affidavit by candidate and by parents for “Anti Ragging”, the format for which shall be available of MRIU website
- Sworn(e) Affidavit attested by the Oath Commissioner/Notary Public for the total family income from all sources along with proof of income in terms of IT Return / Form 16 issued by the Employer of the parent(s) for the previous year or proof of survey conducted by
DRDA of the District concerned or any other authorized Government agency.
- Any other document required / notified later.